We decided on some cargo pants from a print that's been in my stash for 5+ years. I used the Hot Scott pattern again, even though I'm not that crazy about it. I am, however, crazy about not having to trace another pattern when I have one that fits fairly well. Lazy. Now that I have the sizing figured out, my biggest complaint is the directions, but since this was my third time, that didn't matter so much.
I do like the details: topstitching, eyelets on the cargo pockets, etc. This was my first time setting eyelets in fabric. I loved to use eyelets when I was in my card-making phase. It was just as easy on fabric.
This was the first time I did the faux fly correctly! After the last pair, I realized I had done it completely wrong on both pairs of shorts.
Patch pockets on the back this time, instead of pockets with flaps. I made them longer to compensate, but I think they may be up a little too high. It doesn't look too bad when they're on, though. Plus his shirts are always untucked.
I was going to say that's it for KCWC sewing, but I still have my Day 1 gift item to show you!