One of my recently finished projects was an outfit for a first birthday boy. I'm sure you're shocked to see another Patrick Curved Raglan. For gifts, I tend to go with tried and true patterns, and that certainly is one for me! The matching pants are from Ottobre 5/2006. The pattern includes knee patches, which I was going to make from the robot print, but fortunately it occurred to me in time that using a white-based fabric on the knees of a toddler's pants wouldn't be the smartest move.
The second was also a birthday gift, this time for a three-year-old. I knew I wanted to make a red knit dress, and decided on the Farbenmix Olivia. I've made a couple of these for E, but haven't done the hood or pocket before. I didn't have enough of the cherry fabric to make the full length hood, but I think it's still cute with only one knot. The cherry rib is sooo stretchy that it was looking a little wonky there for a while -- especially the sleeves, which had gotten pretty distorted when I hemmed them, but they bounced back into shape after a quick wash and dry. Whew.
Next up is hopefully going to be a Jalie top for me for the Sewing Mamas January Challenge. I also need to make a final decision about E's birthday dress. I *think* I've settled on a pattern, but still need to choose fabric.