I noticed the other day that E's poncho for the car was getting too small, so a new one was my first priority. I've made so many of these from the Sew Baby Poncho Pizazz pattern that I've completely lost track of how many exactly.
I made my usual modifications for this one: adding elastic to the center front of the hood and overlapping the hem of the hood when sewing it on, which seems to make it sturdier.
I also added a fleece pompom from this tutorial to jazz it up a little, since it was made from a plain stash fabric. I am desperately trying to sew down my ginormous fleece stash! My camera has issues with blues and purples (or I am inept, whatever), so I tried to color correct it to close to the right color. It's actually a really pretty cobalt leaning slightly towards purple.
|I think she likes it.|