E's teacher and para both commented about how they liked that the neckline of the earlier apron I'd made wasn't straight across like so many are. That was from a pre-printed panel, though, so I looked around for quite a bit trying to find one with a similar neckline. I ended up buying the Urban Wrap pattern, which has the added bonus of being very adjustable size-wise.
They sewed up quickly, probably took me just a bit longer than an hour for each one. The instructions were thorough, and she also included a handy one-page quick reference. I think there was only one step that I needed to refer to the more in-depth instructions.
This is the first one I made, for E's para.
I made her teacher's red, since she wears a lot of red. I'm hoping it's because she really likes it and not just because it's the school color. Ha.
|I'm starting to look a little crazed in this one, as I still had loads of sewing to do and it was getting late! Plus, I feel like a dork posing, but I always like to see things on a person.|
I also made them matching coffee cozies and one for each of the therapists as well.
They were quick too, and fun to sew up. I used Insul-Bright instead of batting.
When I was buying gift cards, I asked the woman for empty cups to put them in, but I didn't notice until I got home that they were smaller than the Tall, so the cozies are a bit large on them.